AVA REGION IV TRAVEL GRANT PROCEDURES
Region IV has allocated travel grants for the 2021 competition season. As
per the approved regionally sponsored competition schedule, the competitions are:
● Region IV Enchanted Sol in Albuquerque, NM, June 4-6 2021
● Region IV Octoberfest in Castle Rock, CO, October 8-10 2021
The travel grant application, award, and processing procedures are listed below:
1. To be eligible for a travel grant, a Region IV Club must be in good standing with the
Region and the AVA, have at least one member on the Region IV Competition
Committee, and complete all their required volunteer units for a specific competition.
2. Clubs may apply for only one travel grant during the 2021 competition season.
3. Applications will be accepted as soon as entries open, and the cutoff date for applying
will be two weeks prior to the close of entries for a specific competition.
4. Grants information and web-based application can be found below on the Region IV website
5. The grant amount awarded per club traveling with horses will be determined based on
the total miles traveled by all eligible applicants who have applied for a grant for a
6. The amount awarded will not exceed $.50 per mile.
7. If a club does not meet the afore mentioned criteria for a grant or does not travel to a
specific competition after applying for and being granted a travel grant, the monies that
they were to have received will be divided between the other grant recipients. Any
remaining funds will be kept in the Region IV Treasury.
8. If the allocated funds for a specific competition are not used, they will remain in the
Region IV treasury.
9. Grant checks will be dispersed within 2 weeks after the competition provided all above
criteria in item number 1 have been met.